Courtney’s Cajun Chicken Pasta
5-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1” chunks
16oz box of penne pasta
16oz container of heavy whipping cream
4oz of cream cheese
½ stick of butter or margarine
1 zucchini, chopped
1 bell pepper (your choice of color), chopped
1 small purple onion, diced
1. Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet and then add all of your vegetables and Cajun seasoning to taste.
2. In another large skillet, heat another 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat and add your chicken thighs and Cajun seasoning to taste.
3. Cook your penne pasta in a large pot, according to the directions on the package. Drain and place noodles back in the pot.
4. Once your chicken is fully cooked and your vegetables are done according to your likeness, add them to your noodles, but DO NOT pour out the juices you cooked your chicken thighs in.
5. Remove about 2 tablespoons of the juice from your chicken and add 1tsp of cornstarch to it. Stir until well dissolved and sit aside.
6. Add the ½ stick of butter or margarine, the 16oz container of heavy whipping cream and Cajun seasoning to taste.
7. Bring the mixture to a simmer, making sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet as you go to remove anything that has stuck to the bottom. Once the mixture is simmering, add your cream cheese and stir until it’s fully incorporated, and then add your corn starch mixture back in.
8. Continue to simmer the sauce for 5-7 minutes.
9. Pour the sauce over your chicken, veggies and pasta and enjoy