Kelli’s Diabetic Friendly Spaghetti
Ingredients for Squash:
– 1 whole spaghetti squash
– 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for Sauce:
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 24oz jar of Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce
– 1 pound ground turkey meat
– Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400ª F. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membrane. Sprinkle the squash with the olive oil, dried Italian herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place the squash cut-side down in the baking dish. Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until tender with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, put the oil in a pan and sauté the turkey meat. Add the sauce and stir until combined. Bring to a simmer then reduce to low heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
3. Let the squash cool slightly then use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti strands. Put squash on plates, cover with sauce and Parmesan cheese and enjoy!