1 1/2lbs trimmed boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/4 ancho chili powder
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 mini corn taco shells, warmed
1 large avocado, cored and sliced
1 small red or yellow onion, chopped
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Add chicken to a gallon-size resealable bag. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, 1 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp pepper.
2. Pour mixture over chicken in bag then seal bag while releasing any trapped air. Rub marinade over chicken. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
3. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat (it should come to 425-450 degrees)
4. Remove chicken from marinade and grill until chicken has cooked through, turning once halfway through grilling, about 5-6 minutes per side.
5. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
6. Dice grilled chicken into cubes. Sprinkle chicken over 1 or 2 tortillas per taco then add an avocado slice, diced chicken, onions, and cilantro.
7. Serve warm, spritzing each taco with lime juice and drizzling with hot sauce. (if desired)