2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth (you can also use homemade bone broth)
1 tbsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 green chile pepper, sliced
2 tbsp liquid aminos or soy sauce (Tamari sauce – gluten-free option)
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
4 cups swiss chard or spinach
4 large eggs
2 green onions, sliced
2 tbsp cilantro, optional
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Pour the chicken broth in a large pot and heat over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
2. Place the turmeric, ginger, garlic, chile pepper, mushrooms, chard stalks and Tamari sauce into the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Then add the sliced chard leaves and cook for another minute. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and slowly pour them into the simmering soup.
4. Keep stirring until the eggs are cooked and take off the heat. Chop the cilantro and slice the green onions. Add them the pot.
5. Pour into a serving bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil (a tablespoon per serving). Eat immediately or let it cool down and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.